Iara Machado, RNP’s Adjunct Director of R&D
Prepare the next generation of researchers to deal with the challenges of evolving the current Internet.
OBJECTIVES & FOCUS
- Build a Future Internet testbed in Brazil, federated with other worldwide testbed initiatives.
- Provide a large scale platform to promote Future Internet research in Brazil and the region.
- Encourage educators to use the testbed for network classes to foster a new generation of researchers.
- Platform for experimentation and education on computer networks, built on top of FIBRE’s project legacy infrastructure and operated as a service for the academic community.
- A testbed service, integrated to major testbed infrastructures worldwide, operated by the Brazilian NREN.
The FIBRE testbed is as research facility constructed in the scope of a former project funded by the 2010 Brazil-EU Coordinated Call in ICT. It works as a large-scale Virtual Laboratory for students and researchers to test new applications and network architecture models.