Brazil Ireland Partners in Excellence Work
OBJECTIVES & FOCUS
- To advance existing research collaborations and establish new projects of co-operation in line with the objectives of the Irish and Brazilian Governments’ International Education Strategies
- To strengthen the research alliance with a priority country – the largest economy in Latin America
- To share information on the research funding landscape in Brazil and Ireland/EU
- To position Irish HEIs as partners of Brazilian Universities who may wish to apply for targeted support from the Brazilian Government under that country’s new internationalisation programme
- To agree a communications network (virtual and physical) appropriately supported to enable Irish and Brazilian researchers to continue to share information and ideas
- Novel solution based on resource virtualization - Lightweight Slice Defined Cloud (LSDC) - as an approach for automating the process of optimal cloud configuration by extending the virtualization concept to all resources in a data centre.
- Provide an uniform management with a high-level of autonomicity for the currently separated computing, connectivity and storage resources.