EUBrasilCloudFORUM at Beyond 2020, 27-29 July, Pernambuco (Brazil)
Enhancing Brazil and European Union relations for Smart Cities
The Beyond 2020 event took place at "Centro de Convenções de Pernambuco" from the 27th to the 29th of July, focusing on how urban innovation ecosystems can support citizens and what the future will look like for Cities, Politics, Citizens, Local Development, and Tourism, based on the use of Open data Platforms.
During the event, the latest developments between Brazil and European Union regarding Smart Cities and future partnership opportunities between both regions, namely from proposals and projects related to both Smart Cities and Human cities, were analysed.
EUBrasilCloudFORUM actively participated at the event. Professor Sergio Takeo Kofuji from the University of São Paulo (USP) discussed the importance of Open Data for cities. The session benefitted as well from the insights of Kiev Range (Teacher at Informatica Center at Federal University of Pernambuco), Sérgio Cavalcante (CEO at CESAR - Innovation Institute), Eugênio Antunes (President of EMPREL - Municipal Enterprise of Technology) and Professor Nazareno Andrade (professor at Federal University of Campina Grande).
Cecilia Matsumura, also from USP, participated in a mission with technical visits regarding the Innovation Ecosystem in Pernambuco state:
- 1) CETENE - Strategic Technologies Center from Northeast;
- 2) UFPE - Federal University of Pernambuco: with a presentation about technological innovation and business acceleration models;
- 3) CESAR Innovation Institute: with a presentation of KNOT tool for interoperability of open platforms in IOT, making it an ideal model for Connectivity in Smart Cities. There was also a meeting with CESAR team regarding progress and participation in the Core Network Development Brazilian and Smart Cities;
- 4) Porto Digital: focusing on L.O.U.Co, the first laboratory dedicated to Connected Urban Objects;
- 5) JUMP Brasil: an incubator center and accelerating business.