Workshop on Cloud Networks - WCN 2016, 6th July 2016
The workshop brings together well-experienced researchers, engineers, and practitioners from academia, industry and government to discuss and advance the state-of-the-art research in the emerging area of cloud-based networks and applications. In this first edition, the WCN is supported by the EUBrasilCloudForum Project (http://eubrasilcloudforum.eu).
This workshop will present unpublished, novel research work related to the latest challenges, technologies, solutions and techniques related to networking within the cloud and will cover aspects ranging from security to resources’ management towards an efficient and effective cloud deployment and hosting of the various emerging applications and services. Effective solutions related to the placement, sizing, bursting, and migration of compute, storage, and data resources within the cloud network(s) become critical to the deployment of elastic and agile applications.
Main topics of interest:
- Network function virtualization
- SDN-enabled cloud datacenters
- Cloud-based services for IoT and Smart Cities
- Virtual private cloud networking
- Intra and inter-cloud networking
- Deployment of cloud apps and services
- Big Data application provisioning on the cloud
- Cloud bursting techniques
- Scalability and elasticity techniques
- Containers vs. VMs
- Placement and migration of cloud resources within the cloud
- Impact of network utilization and co-located applications on performance
- Cloud resource management and capacity engineering
- Trust, security and privacy in the cloud
Format and Paper Submission:
Papers must be original, written in English and must follow the SBC format, available at http://www.sbc.org.br/documentos-da-sbc/summary/169-templates-para-artig... Papers cannot have more than 14 pages, including references, figures and tables. The submission is electronic, in PDF format at the JEMS system available at https://submissoes.sbc.org.br. At least one of the authors must be registered at the CSBC 2016 Congresss and make the paper presentation at the WCN.
- Paper Submission (EXTENDED - 23:55 Brasília): 20/05/2016
- Paper Acceptance Notification : 28/05/2016
- Camera Ready Submission : 02/06/2016